The Northeast BC Community Foundation in collaboration with Community Foundations Canada and the Government of Canada, participated in the Emergency Community Support Fund and were awarded $80,000 to fund eligible community groups in our region.
The following projects were awarded funding:
* Peace Community Church – Taylor Community Gardens project $6,430
* Nawican Friendship Center – Emergency Temporary Homeless Shelter $3,775
* Obair Economic Society – Access to technology, education & employment opportunities $13,000
* Special Olympics Society, Dawson Creek – Athlete Connectivity $8,250
* Peace Pregnancy Support Centre – Operation Christmas Hamper $5,000
* Dawson Creek Catholic Social Services Society – Caring Connections Counselling $29,750
* Networks Ministries – Team Lead Support Services $13,975
For a list of all recipients check out the Community Foundations Canada page.
Congratulations to all those who were awarded grants. Thank you to everyone who applied to this program and a heartfelt THANK YOU to all those who serve tirelessly and passionately through the numerous programs offered in our region.